Thursday, January 26, 2012

8 Months Old!

Dear Siler - You are 8 months old now!  WOW!  For you birthday you stayed at Gammy and Papa's house and learned how to crawl!  Of course it wasn't one of those bright colored toys that are supposed to make you smarter you wanted....it was a lens cap for a camera....Why do the toy companies bother?  You would much rather have a cell phone, shoes, shoelaces, electrical cord.....toys are boring you say!

Siler Crawling

and more crawling

You are getting around pretty well turning on your belly and pulling yourself toward what you want....or you just give up and play with whatever is close.  You will still sit in the floor and play with a toy for 30 minutes or more.  Just a few days ago you played with a laundry basket for a good 45 minutes.  You continue to be pretty content.  Well, except for the last few days....and I think the reason for that may have been that we discovered you have your first ear infection.  Gammy said that your dad got ear infections every time he got a tooth, you just got two.....maybe that explains it?  That really stinks but it is what it is.






Napping hasn't really been your thing lately.  You play in the crib for a while then get bored and fuss and cry about it.  Some days a back rub will do the trick but some days I put you in the backpack and you just hang out while I try to pack to get ready for our move to Germany next month. Here again, I think the teething, ear infection might have something to do with this.....time will tell....

Here you are at the Charleston Marina with some lovely ladies and you dad....


Your dad is standing on the front of a sailboat in this photo....Alle, I'm sorry that I can't remember what the front is called in sailorese.....I think this is a super cool picture!


You are getting the hang of eating.  You really made progress around New Years when you seemed to get the idea of swallowing food, not just pushing it out.  Orignally you like butternut squash but that has not been popular lately, the faces are worth it though!  You seem to like the baby cereal, peas, sweet potatoes, applesauce (I made the worlds most expensive applesauce...it's good but next time I'll buy a jar!) So far you are content to let us spoon it into your mouth.  I have put some food on your tray for you but you aren't that interested.  You are also pretty proficient at drinking out of a shot glass....the sippy cup is fun to play with and sometimes you get some water.....


You had a great Christmas with all of your grandparents and uncle Derek.  And a great New Year with Laura, Katie, Sadie, Alle, Will, Ryan, Rainier, and Rufus.  It was a full house for sure.  You got to meet Vanessa briefly and you got to see Terry Ogawa a few times which was cool.  I think you were pretty bored after the holidays and it was just you and I again all day....sorry....life kid.

I have been trying to get photos of your teeth.  I have a whole bunch of photos similar to these......



Almost.....


SUCCESS!!




Well, I cut off most of your head and your nose is sooooo snotty, but I got the teeth!  I've been trying for about 2 weeks I think...and I do have to give some credit to the fancy camera that takes 3 photos in a row real fast.....

One of my favorite things that you do is make this face and breath in and out of your nose, I don't really know how to describe it but I think there is video somewhere....here is the cute face though....love it!









We are working on waving and signing.  You seem like you make the sign for "milk" when you are getting ready to nurse but I think it just a coincidence.... or maybe you are just really advanced!  We have had some playmates and you love to see other kids.  It's really cool and funny.  You love to look at yourself in the mirror too...and talk and sing....you LOVE that baby in the mirror!

Good grief that's a lot of photos!  Thanks for being such a rockstar baby!  I love you so much and I love that I get to be part of your life and watch you grow....it's really cool.  Here's one more pic....just incase there is any doubt about how cute and great you are.....



I love you soooo much!
Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment